We Welcome Doggys
We are pleased to welcome doggies in two doggies in The Wheel Room. We charge £5 per night per doggy.
Please do not forget to bring things that you dog may need. Please bring his/her own bedding and feeding bowls and remember to bring his lead.
Millbrook is one big area for dogs to play, although we request dogs are kept on the lead around the Mill area (for other guests and our chickens, ducks and alpacas) we have an area where they can be let off lead in the fields (about 10 acres) where they can chase rabbits and pheasants till their hearts are content.
We please ask you not leave your dog in the cottage unattended, you can take your dog in the hot tub or summer house and both local pubs welcome dogs (see doggy day care below).
Service dogs are welcome free of charge in The Wheel Room.
Doggy Day Care
If you would like to spend a day without your dog whilst you are away Whitebridge Kennels in High Bickington on 01769 561094 offer Doggy Day Care for about £12 per day per dog. Please ensure you bring your dogs vaccination records with you if you wish to use this service.
Allergy Free Properties
If you have an allergy to dogs please see our Lakeview, Pulley Mill or Corncott properties as these are kept doggy free.
Doggy Days Out North Devon
The Beach - Most dogs love the beach and nearly all beaches in North Devon allow dogs in the Winter. During the Summer months you are restricted to certain areas on most beaches but Saunton Sands allows dogs.
Gardens to Visit
- Docton Mill Gardens, Hartland, North Devon. 01237 441369 Dogs allowed on short leads
- Heddon Hall Gardens Parracombe, Barnstaple 01598 763541 Robust footwear preferable. Dogs on leads welcome
- Marwood Hill Gardens Marwood, Barnstaple, North Devon 01271 342528 Dogs are welcome on leads.
- Hartland Abbey & Gardens Hartland, Devon 01237 441264 We love dogs but on leads please.
- Arlington Court - National Trust Arlington, Devon. Dogs on short leads in gardens, grounds and Carriage Collection. Please clear up dog waste and dispose of it sensibly
- Clovelly - Dogs on leads welcome. Website: Website Tel: 01237 431781 Address: Nr Bideford Devon EX39 5SY
The Old George at High Bickington is just a 10 minute walk and accepts dogs, you will not be allowed in the restaurant but can eat in the bar. Please note that the pub is very popular and gets booked up in advance, you may want to reserve a table and mention you would like to book this in the bar. All other pubs in the area welcome dogs. Unfortunately Weirmarsh Farm Restaurant is not dog friendly.